After spending the last several days in Houston, I am glad to be back in Nashville. As soon as I arrived, I was greeted by the sounds of country music. I was also greeted by the thoughts of the events that will occur this week in Nashville. Nashville is hosting a Craft Beer Week and as a lover of good beer, I am thrilled.
I am a huge lover of craft beer. One of my favorites at the moment is the Santo made by Saint Arnold Brewery in Houston. It is only served in Texas and Louisiana, so when I return to my second home of Houston, I always have to order Saint Arnold beer at the bar.
Nashville is hosting it’s Craft Beer Week this week. There are several of in store events happening around the city. I decided to post the events that I will probably attend. Safe drinking.
- Midtown Wine & Spirits- Cider Day. Crispin Rep will be here and we will be tasting the Woodchuck Farmhouse and 2 of the Du Ponte Bouche ciders as well as the Crispin lineup beginning at 4pm.
- Woodland Wine Merchant-Yes Woodland Wine Merchant has amazing wines, but they also have a great selection of high gravity beers. Come meet Carla Villa of Brooklyn Brewery and enjoy some of their great high gravity beers, FREE!
- Join Good People Brewing, a Birmingham, AL based micro brewery with designs on distributing into the Nashville Market, at Whiskey Bent Saloon. We will be sampling several of their beers, as well as a special, top secret cask; not sure the source of the cask just yet. And, in the spirit of Beer Week, we will have a whiskey/food pairing options, as well.
Entry to this event is $10.
- Beer & Pie Night at the Jackalope Brewing Taproom, pie pairings provided by the Foxy Baking Company at 6pm.
- Blackstone Brewing Company will open the doors to its brand new state of the art brewing and bottling facility for Nashville Craft Beer Week. Owner and founder, Kent Taylor, will be there to personally guide you through every nook and cranny of their new facility. The new Blackstone brewery is not open to the public so don’t miss this rare opportunity to check out this amazing new facility.
- Time: 6 pm – 7:30pmAddress: 2312 Clifton Ave, Nashville, TNTours begin promptly at 6 pm and are every 30 minutes with the last tour at 7:30pm. Tour group size will be limited to about 20 people, so get there early for the tour time that you wish to attend.
- The East Nashville Beer Festival is the main event for the week. It will be held at East Park. Luckily, I will be a volunteer for this event. There are several breweries that will be present. Check them out http://www.eastnashvillebeerfest.com/breweries. The Festival begins at 1pm and the last call is at 5:45pm
- After the Festival is the after party held at 3 Crows. All attendees that show their Festival wristband will receive discounts on beer.Are you attending any of the Nashville Craft Beer Week events? –Country Chic Chronicles