Food Blogging for Dummies came out today. Are you buying it? I am intrigued by it. It is totally on my amazon.com wish list. I want to be a better blogger as time goes by, so I am willing to check this book out.
Here is the description from amazon:
- Walks you through the technicalities of starting your own food blog
- Explores what you need to consider before your first post ever goes public
- Shows you how to create lip-smacking food visuals using special lighting and clever effects
- Explains SEO and how to make sure your site and recipes are searchable
- Goes into social media and how to use it effectively with your blog
Here’s everything you need to know about food blogging.
This is on the back cover:
Calling all foodies! Here’s how to share your passion with your own glorious food blog
A food blog can help you preserve your family’s food legacy, launch your own culinary empire, or just be a feast of fun. Here’s what you need to know to manage the technical side of blogging, create a cool design, select the ideal content, style and photograph food, and share your kitchen inspirations as an active member of the online food community.
- Collect your tools — claim your domain, choose a blog platform, and establish your place in social media
- Find your niche — survey the blog landscape, meet your fellow food bloggers, select a blog name, and find your unique voice
- Serve it in style — see how to design a blog that serves up mouthwatering content as elegantly as a perfect table setting
- Feed their eyes — learn simple food-styling tricks and how to take photos that awaken the taste buds
- To market, to market — find out how to market your blog, increase your search engine rankings, and make your blog pay
Open the book and find:
- Why it’s the perfect time to launch your blog
- Ways to make your blog credible
- Advice on creating and presenting content
- A primer in food blog legalese
- Design ideas to make your blog user-friendly
- Surprising ways to enhance your photos
- Insider food-styling tricks
- Tips for tapping into ad networks
Go to Dummies.com®for videos, step-by-step examples, how-to articles, or to shop!
- Find your voice and your niche in the food blogosphere
- Enhance your blog with superb design and photography
- Make your recipes searchable and connect your blog to social media
IN FULL COLOR!
Are you planning to purchase this book? What are some of your blogging tips?
–Country Chic Chronicles