1. I love winning stuff! No matter how small or large. I enjoy entering contests and I LOVE when I actually win. I was just notified that I won a $10 gift card to Porta Via from Beth over at Eat Drink Smile.
2. The idea of this snack is mind blowing…. I wish I had to nerve to try it out.
3. Volunteering: I just word that I will be volunteering to help pour beer at the Music City Brewer’s Festival. I can’t wait for this event.
4. Summer Cocktails-I saw this recipe for a Cherry- Peach Sangria from myrecipes.com. It looks simple and refreshing.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 1/2 cups pitted Rainier cherries
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle albariño wine, chilled
- 1 cup chilled club soda
- 1 peach, thinly sliced
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 sprig purple basil (optional)
- 1 sprig sweet basil (optional)
- 1. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup brandy in a pitcher; stir until sugar dissolves. Add cherries and wine, and chill for 8 hours or up to overnight. Just before serving, stir in club soda and remaining ingredients.
5. I love catching up on old tv shows that I did not watch when they were originally on the air. I have started watching season 1 of 24 and so far it rocks!